|Crossbones, Wrecking Havoc - By ViktorVK|
When Rumlow recovered he escaped custody, and went rogue, due to Rumlow's deep hatred to those who had injured him. In this vendetta he would assume the code name Crossbones, and would wreck havoc as a mercenary but mainly terrorist. Eventually Rumlow was brought back into HYDRA indirectly by Helmut Zemo, who hired the mercenary because he had just as much hatred toward the Avengers as he did. Crossbones was tasked with drawing the Avengers out into the open by infiltrating a highly secure disease facility. There Rumlow would die in a suicide bombing intended to kill Avengers or make them be seen as bringers of chaos.
- Martial Arts: Crossbones is one of the world's best hand-to-hand combatants, with extensive training in street-fighting, military combat, and various forms of martial arts, he has trained extensively with the Taskmaster to the point where he was actually made an instructor at the Taskmaster's school for criminals.
- Marksmanship: Crossbones is also a superior marksman with guns, crossbows, and throwing knives.
- Interrogation/Torture: He also has some experience with torture and brainwashing, having effectively "reprogrammed" Winter Soldier.
- Pilot: He is also an expert pilot.
- Carries various communications devices, one of which is mounted in one of his gauntlets.
- His weaponry includes various firearms, a collapsible crossbow, a wrist spike, spring-loaded stiletto blades in his gauntlets, various explosives and poisoned knives.