When White wolf 's parents died in a plane crash in the African nation of Wakanda, Hunter was adopted by its king, T'Chaka. Because he was a foreigner and White, Hunter was viewed with suspicion and even contempt by the xenophobic Wakandans. Nevertheless, he developed a true love for Wakanda and became one of his adopted home's stauchest patriots.
After the birth of T'Challa, Hunter knew he wouldn't be the one to rise to the throne. Feeling cheated he developed a deep jealousy for his adopted brother. In an attempt to upstage T'Challa, Hunter drove himself to be the best Wakanadan possible. It was this fervor that led to T'Chaka appointing Hunter as leader of the Wakanda's secret police, Hatut Zeraze. Hunter from that point was known as the White Wolf.
- The White Wolf employs the standard equipment of a Hatut Zeraze which are the following:
- Vibranium Microweave Mesh: in his Hatut Zeraze uniform. The microweave robs incoming objects of their momentum; bullets do not ricochet off but simply fall to the ground when they come in contact with the weave. Likewise, the White Wolf cannot be stabbed; however, the costume (and the Wolf) can be cut if the attacker slashes along the uniform's grain.
- Cloaking Technology: The White Wolf's uniform is equipped with advanced cloaking technology which can alter its appearance. He primarily uses this feature to render himself invisible. Unlike other Hatut Zeraze, the cloaking technology in the White Wolf's uniform also allows him to make it appear to be an ordinary business suit.
- Energy-Dampening Boots: Energy regulators create varying fields from the Vibranium in the molded soles of the boots, enabling White Wolf to survive a fall of several stories and land like a cat. Given enough momentum, the Wolf can also run on walls or skim across water. The field can be also used offensively to shatter or weaken objects.
- Enhanced Condition** : The White Wolf physiology is seemingly enhanced to the point where he can fight T’Challa head on, his abilities include peak human strength, speed, reflexes, durability and endurance.